how come an underage.........

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Mar 26, 2006.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

how come a 15 yr old boy, can walk into a store, and buy a lawnmower, and not be asked for proof of age? the mower, if misused, can kill or cripple him, or an innocent bystander. how come, a 15 yr old boy, can walk into a store, and buy a bottle of pesticide concentrate, without being asked for proof of age? if misused, the product could kill or cripple him, do the same to others around him, and poison drinking water, and contaminate the soil, for the next 500 years. how come, this same 15 yr old boy, CANNOT buy a 6 pack of beer, that will, most likely, do no harm to him. and, at worst, will only make him vomit. why? can anyone tell me?

2. lawn_pro

lawn_pro LawnSite Senior Member

just the way it is man.

3. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

I'd like to see the 15 yr. old cut a stright line after his 6 pack!:drinkup: :walking:

4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Wow, guess ya need some more work there Bobby. You are spending too much time bashing the young'uns. That same mower, if misused, can kill a 35 year old man as well as the 15 year old. Why should he need proof of age??? Gimme a break man, why can a 15 year old boy buy a quart of oil for a car? That can poison him or do harm to the environment as well. Get a life dude.

5. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome back Bobbygedd.

6. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

welcome back bobby

7. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

keep that thought and then remember that you have to be 16 to buy a knife .a sharp mower blade is just a dangerous .

where ya been bobby ?????

8. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Geezzzzzzz..........well the nice quite and lack of trolls and no point posts was nice while it lasted. No matter what you say or how much you whine in the end you just can't stay away..... :laugh:

9. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

jodi wouldn't let me on.

10. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Dang, if she didn't just go up several more notches in my book then....

BTW, if you search you'll see that no-one started threads this time asking where you were either.......your hiatuses are getting longer and your supporters less and less....... :laugh: