1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How Come everyone in WV loves their lawn tractors so much??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by South Florida Lawns, May 27, 2005.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Sounds kinda unprofessional if you ask me. I think it would be really slow using one. If they were serious about mowing then they could benefit from a Hustler ATZ or a Hillsider. I have seen overpass areas mowed in my area with Toro ztr's that are way steeper than any residential lawn those guys are kinda crazy but it can be done.
  2. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with you but I think it has been mostly one member that has been behind the recent rash of tractor praising and Z-bashing on here.
  3. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

because they think there tractor is sexy :) WGAR
  4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Your location alone is the reason for your question in the first place.

You don't know what steep is. I laugh at my out-of-town family all the time when they come to visit. When I pick them up from the airport, they think the humps in the road along the way here are mountains. They are a trip once they get here and even more so when I take them 'back home' into the real mountains.
  5. wiselawns

wiselawns LawnSite Member

There are some lawns that are way too steep for a Z. You can lean on a tractor but it is hard to lean and counterbalance on a Z.
  6. Envy Lawn Service

Yep.... that's right.
  7. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

What you all call back east mountains we call foothills. It's not a real mountain unless it's at least 7000' high.
  8. Envy Lawn Service

Got one of those peaks not too far from home.
    There are about 40 peaks in this chain in excess of 6000'

However, I think the thing most folks fail to understand is how steep, jagged and continually mountain to valley to mountain this range is.
    Like... ^^^^^^^

It's not like out west where there's mountain peaks sticking up in the middle of a flat plain.