1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How come none of the manufacturers....

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Drafto, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Drafto

Drafto LawnSite Senior Member

How come I cannot find any of the mininum radius information for Coventry Wall (EP Henry), Creta (Techo Bloc) or Versa Lok? You would think this information would be important enough to put in writing somewhere! Am I missing something? I know Versa-Lok's is 8', but it is not written anywhere, I just remeber that form a seminar. If anybody knows the minimum radius for 6" Creta, and Coventry please post it.

Thanks,
    Dan

2. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

That information is simply a base toguage the minimum radiuses from.

Keystone Century Wall lists a minimum 16' radius, yet I have gotten it down to 5.5' by using our 20" saw, and incorporating 2 Compac units through the turn that we hit with the meat beater. Interfacing the units allowed us to make pin connections where we needed them at the time.

So, use the posted info, (assuming you find it) as a guide but don't let it be written in the stone. You'll get cooler effects by doing a few things outside the box.

3. Drafto

Thanks Bill. I am aware that cutting and spending more time are always an option:) ! I am working on a design and I have a budget number. so I am trying to put in a curved wall to fit that budget. I know how long it takes us to do a wall without all the extra cutting so I was trying to price it that way. I am just aggravated this stuff isn't in a catalog or spec.

Dan

4. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

Dan:

That is kind of weird that it's not there huh....

5. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

6. Sean Adams

7. Drafto

Thank you Shawn. I have that info in my 300 page spec book from Versa-Lok. I just find it very odd these minute :confused: details would not be in bold print somewhere in the general catalog. I will keep looking for the two, thanks!

8. Sean Adams

Good question.... If you want, email me at lawnsite@comcast.net with any specific question and I will go to whomever and see if I can get the answer for you.

9. Drafto

I will be able to get the answers Monday morning from the reps or my distibutor, I am just mad I don't have it right now.

Dan

10. chesie

chesie LawnSite Member

Coventry is 48" inside.