how crazy is life now?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenworldh20, Apr 18, 2005.

1. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

we are putting in close to 70 hours/week!

life is going 100mph...spring activations are booked solid through 1st week of may....crazy season.

where is the rain?

2. MikeK

MikeK LawnSite Member

For us, we are pretty pumped to be working again.
    We Hired a full time office person this year and I feel like i'm on vacation, It's so nice having someone answering the phone, billing and scheduling. We finally got our 4 computers to sync together via a server and it's really nice that everyone can have daily customer info.
    I believe that Installs are booked until May 15 and startup scheduling is going nicley.
  3. DGI

DGI LawnSite Member
    from SE Mich

I never knew that 70/wk was considered crazy for an irrigation company in the spring!

I'm sniffing 90.
  4. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

We are bringing in another lady to answer the phones and adding 3 experienced service techs by monday to keep up.
  5. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

i wish i could find 3 experienced techs.

6. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

I wish I was keeping this very experienced tech busy, but I also agreed we would grow slow. I just didn't anticipate this sslllooooww :( .
    BUT, The KC area is chock full of guys begging for work after last year. My little one line the bell book has brought me more messages asking for work than it has new customer leads. 5 years ago, a good install (yes just install, not repair) foreman could get $16/hour. They are filling jobs for $10 now. This rain has got to stop someday. Never thought I would miss a KS drought. A true drought actually hurts business, water shortages, excessively high water bills, etc. but monsoons take the work completely away. If the storms keep missing us the rest of this week, I might start to find some optimism.