How did I do with my equipment purchase?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AAR Lawn Services, Jun 30, 2007.

1. AAR Lawn Services

AAR Lawn Services LawnSite Member

Exmark Lazer HP 50" with 23HP Kawasaki $7799
    Stihl FS90R Trimmer $299
    Stihl FC95 Edger $389
    Stihl BR600 Blower $469
    Stihl HL100K Straight Hedge Trimmer $509
    Gator 6'6"x12' Single Axel Trailer $1078

I tried to get them down to $7500 for the mower but they wouldn't do it. Anything lower than $7799 and they wanted to put me in a CT or 19HP Kawi.

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Sounds good as long as the dealer support is there.

3. AAR Lawn Services

AAR Lawn Services LawnSite Member

They have a great reputation and service most of the major lawncare companies out here.

4. BMLS

BMLS LawnSite Member

I just purchased a new Bobcat ZTR 61" ProCat Air-Cooled 25 Kawi, 12cc pumps for $8000.

5. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like you paid too much here. I bought a new gravely 260Z w/ a hydro deck lift, 21cc pumps, 27 kohler, 60" deck, & suspension seat for $8,000. Should have went w/ all echo 2 stroke's and you would have saved a bunch of money. Trailer price sounds fair if its built tough enough. Good thing though is the mower being an exmark will have good resale value.

6. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

If you bought all that equipment at one time they should a least had given you a nice discount or something free. I know my dealer does.

7. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

you paid a fair price for everything. Nothing more nothing less. Feel comfortable with your decision.

8. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds good to me. You will love the Stihl's!:usflag: Great decisions all the way around!

9. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i agree- a fair deal -about average. good choice going with sthil over echo

10. ALBsun1

ALBsun1 LawnSite Member

I agree with dkoester, seems like if you were buying all of that in one purchase, they would have given you the mower for 7,500. But, who cares i guess if you like the dealer and they are close by, if not, i would have shown him my money and then walked out. As far as the good job going with stihl over echo as someone stated, i can't say i agree with that comment, but we all have our preferences, however, I do have a br600, and i think you will enjoy it in the fall.