How did I ever live without these!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Lynden-Jeff, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey,

Just installed the greatest invention Ive ever seen, Fastraps! I have been fighting with ratchet straps since I started and I just had enough of them. I definitely recommend them if your tired of those darned ratchet straps!

Cheers
    Jeff

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

got a link to a site where they sell em or describe them?

3. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

You strap things down with a velcro strap? I got something like that holding my leg brace on I also buy something like that for cords never thought about using them for anything else like ladders mower etc.

[​IMG]

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

OHH those things! ive seen those, they look pretty darn effective to me!

5. TripleD'sInc

TripleD'sInc LawnSite Member

I bought a set a few weeks ago, from www.northerntool.com. They are great and easy to install. When you or if you order make sure you order two, they only have one in each box.

6. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

they look pretty nice....i made myself a home-made set using these two chalk-block-like things, and put them on a rope, so its literally two seconds to use these things....but those straps look nice

7. Lynden-Jeff

http://www.fastrap.us/

They are good, no velcro lol!. They use like a lever type device instead of a ratched and it does a surprisingly good job at securly holding the ztr tight. Heres some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers
    Jeff

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

don't those things get in the way when you're transporting mulch / topsoil / leaves?

what about toe stubbing...

I dunno, i mean... I just set the parking brake and drive real nice and easy, haven't tied my Wb down in years.

9. Lynden-Jeff

Hey,

Well here if you don't tie things down the first fine is hefty. I don't want to know whats after that. The MTO wants it so that if you get in an accident your machinery will go nowhere. They don't get in the way at all since the metal plate is only an inch off the deck. If it really bothered me I could take out the 6 screws in about 30 seconds!

Cheers
    Jeff

10. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

What about when you run over that fresh pile of dogcrap and its still on the tire?

Topsites, wait for the day you get in an accident (they're called accidents for a reason). I was in a major one 2 years ago with my trailer and had my machines strapped down and they still moved.