how did i get this job?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by bobbygedd, Mar 23, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

ok, how did i get this job? i bid 7 yds of mulch, and 100 linear feet of re-define edging @$625. ok, so i called her, and we are going back and forth over what kind of mulch to use. she says I DON'T WANT what the last guy used (it was last mulched 2 yrs ago). she says wait, i think i still have the invoice. she gets it, she reads it, " oh, it doesn't have the mulch type, all it says is "bed edging and mulch, $350." i almost choked. i said , "well, we charge $75 per yd for mulch, and $100 for the edging, total= $625." she says, "when can u do it? " i say mid week next week. she says, "great, let's do it." HOW, on earth did i get that job at $275 more than the last guy?

2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe she wasn't very impressed with somehting the last guy did.

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Yep...she is probably thinking to herself "I got what I paid for"....or was it your charm Bobby?

4. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

It was that butt exerciser machine, after you handed her the bid and walked away, she knew what she wanted and was willing to pay any price.

5. AEW

AEW LawnSite Member

HAHAHAHAHA I forgot about that butt excerciser

6. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

the last guy probably used that ugly red mulch. :dizzy: I hate that stuff.

7. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here, it only looks good for the first couple weeks.

8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

actually, she did mention......she asked him to pull out the weeds, and cut back the perenials, and he cut back the weeds, and pulled out the perenials

9. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I love when I get jobs, and the people ask me to make sure I know not to pull out the perennials like the last guy did. The name of my company is Perennial Gardens :p

10. aries

aries LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

That's a good one!