1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

how did most of you all get your training

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by jeff_0, Jul 26, 2003.

1. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

I'm refering to things dealing with landscapeing. like laying brick, concrete designs, stone walls. etc.
  2. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

i also wanted to include builing ponds and things of that sort also.
  3. GLAN

GLAN Banned

I bought books early in the business, read them over and over. Looked at others' work, also watched as they did them. Talk with other contractors

Then did one myself, then another and another after that...............
  4. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Worked with a well know landscaper in the area. Watched, Listened, Practiced.
  5. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

4+ years of College/University training with a couple of season's worth of internship thrown in for good measure. Then 20 years of practical field application. I'm still learning things in this business, it's continually ongoing.
  6. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

Working with people experienced in a particular area you are interested in is the best type of training. Books are informative, but nothing can train you better than the "hands on" experience.