how did you arrive at THAT price?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Dec 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

a customer asked me to clear a little brush, and trim a couple of yews (for those of you that are unfamiliar, this is not a religoun, it's a shrub). i quoted $225 + tax. upon completion as he's writing the check, he says, "by the way, how did you arrive at this figure? HOW, would you answer that one?

2. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

well, you asked me to clear some brush and trim some yews. $225.00 +tax :)_

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

BooBy

Tell the man the Truth. You just lost $200 on the Horses and had admission etc. Your just trying to recoup your loses. :D

4. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Well how did you arrive by it? You could just be honest and tell him! But why would you want to do that.

5. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Imagine if Bobby actually worked as much as he makes up stories on here? he'd be a millionaire!

He could call himself "Mother Goose Lawn Care--stories first, grass later" :D

6. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

LOL wouldn't it be more like, well i've got $200.00 in past due receivables that unhappy customers won't pay me, gotta recoup it somewhere.....

seriously,
    i think brypualD had a good semi smart aleck remark to a smart aleck question. not too offensive, but makes a point.

7. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

I'd tell him I think that's what it's worth to me for my time and materials etc.

8. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I suppose Bobby could tell the guy that the figure just popped into his head (meaning the number is utterly arbitrary), and follow with the comment that "Hey, you paid it. What do I care how I came up with it? I pulled it out of my a**."

9. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

If he could get the cobwebs cleaned out first ;)

10. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

I added up the hours it would take you to do that job by yourself and rent the equipment necessary. I would ask the customer what dollar figure they would place on their free time?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.