How Did You Build Your Website?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by aarondfrancis, Jan 31, 2013.

1. aarondfrancis

aarondfrancis LawnSite Member

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be disingenuous, I was simply asking how people built their websites and am looking to help. I'm sorry I offended you.

2. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm so glad I don't run my business like the majority of sales people and "info gatherers"... So shady. I wish I had a nickel for everyone who has wasted my time with crafty sales calls and inquiries. They have no respect for people who really work hard and run businesses. Get to the point, be honest, quit the BS.... oh, and that's how I built my website.

3. LaurenWasyluk

LaurenWasyluk LawnSite Member

A friend of ours (web developer) recommended we use Squarespace. I'm glad we did, I have NO code experience. Build-Your-Own websites have come a long way in the past few years. There are tones of templates to choose from.

www.wasyluklawnandgarden.com

4. aarondfrancis

Man, such painful words.

I'm a 23 year old college grad with no job, trying to provide for myself. Sorry I have "no respect for people who really work hard".

5. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh

Post of the Week

I bet a thread along the lines of "I'm a 23 year old college grad with no job, trying to provide for myself, and I was wondering if there are any lco's out there that would like a good deal on a great website? I do great work, and just need a chance to prove myself. PM me so we can talk! Thanks, Aaron." would have at least got you networking, if not some actual jobs.

Personally, I think you might be onto something, but you'll probably have to get to know people some before you'll get the input you need.

6. aarondfrancis

Thank jonthepain, I think you're right. Poorly executed effort

7. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh

you're welcome.

if you come up with a theme, send me a pm, i'd like to look at it.

i'm always in the market for a nice crisp site.

while i don't remember being 23 all that well, i have a 23 yr old son, and it's pretty tough out there.

he came home from work today, and his hands were all swollen from chemical burns. apparently the stuff they were applying got through the gloves somehow.

be thankful that you have a degree and skills so that you don't have to do what my son does.

good luck
    jon

8. RodneyK

RodneyK LawnSite Senior Member

I think it should be something hired out. If you take the time to learn code, image software, etc., etc. (lots to learn) and instead put that time to improving sales or other areas of your business you would be better off. Almost all the lawn care guy made sites look like it.

9. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  10. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I watched about 10 hours of youtube videos on how to build a website using wordpress. I then built it. I have updated it, and made it better over the last 6 weeks or so. There is still snow on the ground and I am already getting calls from the site.