How Did You Build Your Website?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by aarondfrancis, Jan 31, 2013.

1. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

Myself. Started with a INTUIT website (Hated it after I learned about WordPress).
    It is a constant, which most think it is easy.

2. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

wordpress is now a part of go daddy right?

3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

No. WP is an open source CMS that is available on GoDaddy and most any other host.

4. greg8872

greg8872 LawnSite Senior Member

I just shot pepsi out my nose at the thought!

5. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I did a search for wordpress and go daddy came up? it looked like they have somekind of partnership or something?

6. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

Go Daddy used pay per click to get their name to come up.

Most hosting packages will come pre configured with some open source software. I have a ton of it zipped up and ready to quick install. I do not use those loads as they are often out of date.

You should find it here http://wordpress.org/

7. tonygreek

As ELS pointed out, that's an advertisement. And as Greg points out, GoDaddy owning WP would be bone-chilling. I find it's hard to top GoDaddy for worst WP serving. Only thing worse than GoDaddy owning them would be Wix.

8. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

FWIW, Not everyone should do this but what I do is have a VPS package that can host hundred or ven thousands of domains. I have 5 or 6 IP addresses and I pay about 50 bucks a month. Way more server than I need but I get good support. I can boost my PHP memory allotment, I can create any and all e-mail addresses I want. I can manage white list and black list on the server.

Please do not go cheap on hosting.

I could offer everything Go Daddy offers for pretty cheap but I am not in the hosting business.

9. lawnpropm

lawnpropm LawnSite Senior Member

I have been told by designers to stay away from word press. They say google spiders and crawlers cannot read word press content......
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. tonygreek

It's been my experience that this usually comes from designers and developers who don't know how to design/develop for WP.

In a word, this is just crap. WP is perfectly fine and Search fully recognizes this.