How Different are these??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jccordes2, Sep 16, 2004.

1. jccordes2

jccordes2 LawnSite Member

I was at a dealership yesterday and was looking at a '04 Toro Z-Master that's being clearanced. 52''. for $5300.
    I know everyone say's "Nothing cut's like an exmark"
    My question is? this Z-Master looks exactly like a Exmark. I mean Identical.

Anyone know what the differences are?

I think thats a pretty good price?

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Which motor? and yes Toro is an excellent machine

3. jccordes2

MMLawn

I want to say 23 Kohler?

4. MMLawn

If it is the 2004 Model with the adjustable baffle and solid 7GA steel deck then yes that is a good price. The same one here the best price I could get was I believe $6K. Also as you probably know Toro now owns Exmark.

5. jccordes2

I wonder if that model was comparible to the Lazer CT, which is the more residental homeowner of the exmarks? (the one they don't recommend for commercial)

6. MMLawn

The model that I am talking about (and I thought you were too) is the Toro Commerical Model and says "Commerical" under the Toro Z label on the foot deck. If the one you are looking at is different or is not the commerical unit then that is not a good price.

7. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

If I am not mistaken, Ex-mark is produced and owned By Toro. This could explain the similarity.

8. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark is owned by toro, but exmark still designs, markets, and sells its own mowers. Toro takes the bodies and adds their decks to it and a few other cosmetic things. If you ask your local exmark dealer, he may be able to give you a sheet exmark puts out on the differences between them and toro, and why exmark thinks theirs is better. While owning both a exmark and a toro - I say my exmark wins by a landslide, but that just my opinion.

9. premiereman

premiereman LawnSite Member

The Exmark wins HANDS DOWN. Its faster in response and the deck is and will be considered in this industry as a huge breakthrough in technology. I use to think my kubota was good ,and its is .But the hp model I have is awsome.

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

It matters which Toro you are talking about. SFS deck sucks. New Toro deck is good.

Exmark makes the Toro mowers and put the Toro deck under them. They are in the EXMARK factory.