How dificult is it to make a flat bed dump?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by MacLawnCo, Nov 13, 2003.

1. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive looked at this truck, and half way considering purchasing it. Only concern is that the bed doesnt dump. Is it that dificult to install a hoist or whatnot? Would you buy this if i told you it was only $4k?

562684349.143307847.im1.02.180x135_a.180x135.jpg

2. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

another view

562684348.143307847.im1.main.180x135_a.180x135.jpg

3. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I think alot of us are considering a dump this time of year with all the leaves and mulch jobs. I have looked at several flat beds also and have the same concerns. Hope someone can give advice.

4. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Any good upfitter should be able to make it dump for less than 3K

Geoff

5. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

i have been looking at a 90' f-super duty
    7.3 non turbo 5 sp with a flat bed
    and wondered the same.
    i think i can get this one
    for $3500

6. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

7. sunny

sunny LawnSite Member

MacLawnCo,
    I just posted about the wheel base on the same truck. It looks just like the one I have now! Please let me know how you make out with yours because Im in the same position. I would love to make mine a dump as well. :)

8. Turf n Dirt

Turf n Dirt LawnSite Member

Indian Valley in Texas has hydraulic kits that will turn any truck into a dump truck. I just installed one one my 1/2 ton chevy with air springs installed on the rear. The kit dumps the factory bed. The kit is ~$900.00 with shipping for a 2 ton unit. I payed my neighbor for the install. Used it today and it saved alot of wook.
    I'll try to attach some pictures in the next week or so. The kit weighs ~400 pounds.:cool2:

9. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

you mite call around to your local truck junk yards and see if they have any for sale. its not the hard to install if you have the tools