1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How do I accept credit cards?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by johnaandp, May 11, 2009.

1. johnaandp

johnaandp LawnSite Member

I want to start accepting credit cards and would prefer to do this through my website. Being a servie based biz, having a shopping cart does not work because customers are not buying anything. I would simply like for a customer to go to my site,type in their name, invoice #, payment amount and hit submit. Is this possible? I think I have seen some of you guys sites set up like this. Any info would be appreciated.
  2. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

Get a paypal account and you can put a link on your page. PAY BY CREDIT CARD link and it will send then to your paypal account where the send their payment.
  3. johnaandp

johnaandp LawnSite Member

Is that easy to set up?
  4. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

Very easy. If you can sign up to lawnsite you can use paypal.
  5. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

1st national processing... 7 bucks a month plus the transaction fee. Based out of California, all you need is a phone line,
  6. turfplusutah

turfplusutah LawnSite Member

Does anyone know how to set it up with paypal so the amount owed will be posted on their bill, or do I just have to go with the invoice we leave with the customer?
  7. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

There are 2 ways to do it.
    1. instruct the customer to send payment through paypal from invoice you mailed, emailed, or left with them.
    2. Send a invoice from paypal to your customer with the charges on it.

Do you leave an invoice after every mowing?
  8. Contract Spot

Contract Spot LawnSite Member