How do I add balance forward in Quick Books?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by cochino12, Jul 31, 2006.

1. cochino12

cochino12 LawnSite Senior Member

So every month I have a couple of slow pays that I would like Quick Books to add their "Balance Forward" or past due to the new invoice. Anybody know how to do this?

Hope that makes sense, and thanks in advance for any help.

Adam

2. JFizzle

JFizzle LawnSite Member

Hey you might try printing a statement. Just go up to FILE - PRINT FORMS - STATEMENT then specify the rest.
    I actually send a monthly statement out that includes a summary of each invoice on it. (one invoice per visit) Works well for me.

3. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Actually, an invoice will include the balance forward, but it does not make a separate line item. It is in the "Customer Balance" amount at the very bottom.

All open invoices must be in "final" status, not "pending." Anything with a "pending" tag will be excluded.

Jfizzle's answer is right, and one way to solve the problem, and the statement is very explicit about the payments, charges. The line across the bottom of the statement will show aging information, that is "current," "1-30 days overdue," "31-60 days overdue," etc.

I use invoices with multiple entries, one entry for each visit during the month. Therefore, each invoice will have four or five entries. If there is a balance due from the last month it will be included, as I stated above. But, I also run a statement and include it in the envelope. And, I usually circle some things, with an explanation how the final amount is being calculated. I only have a rare overdue that needs this attention.