1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How do I adjust the throttle cable on my Bob Cat

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by LawnMower, Jul 18, 2005.

1. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

The RPMs are way to low and would like to adjust the governor spring or throttle cable to get the RPMs back up to factory specs. Or at least a decent RPM. I had to move the engine around when I changed the muffler and I messed the throttle up. The engine hasn't been at full throttle in a wile. It has been progressively getting slower until I moved the engine. Now the engine is only about half throttle when the lever is all the way over to the rabbit.

Thank you
  2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Is it your Kohler or the Kawasaki, There are differant type adjustments for each of these engines for high speed RPM.
    You can try this; Put the throttle control in full throttle position, Loosen the cable mount clip on the engine and pull the cable housing out as far as possible and re-tighten the clip, This will set the cable adjustment then the high speed RPM is another deal.
  3. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

thank you for your reply, ill try that. Oh, its my Kohler that has the problem. I also noticed a screw down by the muffler that I may be able to adjust the tension on the Governor spring.