how do i advertise?

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by scooterbug311, Feb 12, 2008.

1. scooterbug311

scooterbug311 LawnSite Member

Ok, i have done some really good research on product and got some really good info from all of you now here is my next question.... How do i advertise and get that next pond job? Any tips or good ideas out there?
  2. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

you just starting out? if you have existing cust base, word of mouth works really well, plus its free, get some signage on your truck that helps advertise your business, if you haul a trailer, do the same to it as well. You are a rolling billboard when you are going down the street in your truck, take advantage of it.

you guys got snow up there in CO?
  3. scooterbug311

scooterbug311 LawnSite Member

yes we do off and on. as of right now no, but it looks like a storm is moving in? hey have you ever heard of pondeco?
  4. LTL

LTL LawnSite Member
    from Tulsa

A very good way to advertise is to do a garden show. Lots of people walk through there looking for ways to beautify their home. If they are interested in a pond, most likely they will talk to all of the pond companies. You can have a very elaborate booth or a very simple booth. Just be sure to have signs and lots of business cards and brochures. I've done multiple shows, so if you have questions let me know.
  5. creative land

creative land LawnSite Member

Hi there...
    networking is always good...
    we built a few pondless at a couple of our local nurseries (that have pond depts). Do it yourselfers and those that wish to have a water feature installed both come into the depts... we have had many jobs come from the nurseries... in turn for having our display up with pictures, brouchures' etc.. we buy the pond supplies off the nursery kind of a win win for all.
    We have done our home town home & garden show 3 years in a row... as well as a huge one at the B.C. home and garden show.
    and yes we have logos on all our vehicles... definately rolling bill boards...
    But the best advertising of all... once you get established is "word of mouth" friends of friends etc...
    hope this helps
    Sherilyn :)
  6. ANC Stone Creations

ANC Stone Creations LawnSite Member

Yes, I would have to agree with Creative Land about building displays.

Displays = Jobs, only if you do a quality install.

It is a good idea to check on the display feature from time to time to make sure the feature is still looking good and running properly.

We build tons of water feature displays and the pay off is well worth it.

It helps to build a relationship with the employees where the display is built as well.

Good luck with your advertising.

If you are new to water features and have any questions? feel free to contact me at

Or visit us on the web at
  7. gogreenlight

gogreenlight LawnSite Member

Hi, I am started a addition from my lighting business to ponds. I would like to know how to charge customers and price everything from basics to completion to maintenance. You said you do alot of home garden shows, I would like to pick your brain if this is okay, please let me know. My winter is over and would like to kick off right away. Any info would be beneficial, thank you! If there is anything I can help you with please ask.
    Green Light...
  8. ANC Stone Creations

ANC Stone Creations LawnSite Member

Paul @ Gogreenlight,

I would love to talk with you and show you some HIGH PROFITS with our features.

Check out our new website
    Our website offers wholesale pricing!

Also, our email is

We look forward to helping you with the addition of water features to your business!

ANC Stone Creations