1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How do I advertize?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by joshuea, Nov 25, 2004.

1. joshuea

joshuea LawnSite Member

What's the best way to advertize my landscape company?
  2. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

If you're on a very limited budget you may want to start out with flyers and the news paper. Other than that I've found that the Yellow Pages is a good source for attracting new business.
  3. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Don't ever listen to any advise I offer on this topic ...apparently I suck at this!!!
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

word of mouth is the best for me, and second best is Yellow Pages

Like stated above, newspapers, flyers, go door to door, doorhangers, postcards, direct mail.
  5. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

i think the best way is to actually talk with your customers
  6. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

Word of mouth gets you definite customers, otherwise do door to door flyers, if you see a lawn that is serviced by another LCO stop and talk to the homeowner, or if you see someone that might be in dire need of a LCO stop and talk. Face to face time pays off the most.
  7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi joshuea,

Here are a bunch of free flyer designs you can download and edit for your own usage. Then hand them out. It's a great and cheap way of getting going. As you grow you will create word of mouth that will help you grow further.

Click image for link.