How do I apply/get a licence to use commerical herbicides?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Morgana Leslie, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Morgana Leslie

Morgana Leslie LawnSite Member

Does anyone know what agency to apply to for a license to use commercial herbicides? Where do you go? Also, is it true that that give you a hard time, make you jump through a bunch of hoops to get your license? How often do you have to update it? Tell me all the details, leave nothing out. Any websites I can go to? BTW...I am in West Virginia....if that helps.

Thanks. :usflag:

2. Please_Be_Green

Please_Be_Green LawnSite Member

See the sticky thread at the top of the pesticides forum... Licensing in all States.

3. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

...or maybe just buy a pair of handcuffs...lock your self to the barn for the growing season and prevent yourself from doing any harm?

4. doug1980

doug1980 LawnSite Senior Member

5. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

In WV you have to have 2years experience or take a correspondence course through purdue university
    Charles Cue

6. Morgana Leslie

I do and the out side will be like the old movie "Day of the Triffids" starring Jannette Scott. I hate fighting Triffids, it is war I tell you, war!!!:hammerhead:

7. Morgana Leslie

I saw his post. I was wanting to kill plants not insects. (although it may come in handy sometime, darn bagworms) Is that the same thing?

8. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Pesticide refers to any chemical you are using to try to control a weed, pest, or plant disease with. Then there are different catagories of certification, depending on what you are going to be using them for E.G.-lawn, ornamental, pest control, aquatics, right of way weed control, mosquito, etc.

9. Morgana Leslie

I spent 10 years at Marshall University for this???? :wall 10 years and two degrees later, I am self employed and they want me to do what???? Take more classes at a university that ought to have a Skunk as its mascot? I can't take it any longer...I just can't take it....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

Anyway....thanks for the information...it was helpful.

Now if you can suggest anything that kills plants I am open for suggestions. Pramitol? Scythe? Finale? Most people I spray for want it dead and gone.....for good....or as long as possible.

thanks.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

What did you go to school for? Or let me rephrase that...For what did you go to school?