How do I change this setting???

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Navig8r, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

I want to change the setting that sends me an E-mail when there's a response to a subcribed thread, but I cant find that option....... HELP !?!?!

Thanks for any help, I appreciate it.

2. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll take this one, it's a piece of cake. See the "profile" link up there, near the top of the page? Click it, then find the "edit options" link on that page. This'll bring you to a page where you can set all that stuff.
    Crawdad

3. Navig8r

Uhhhh.... Nope..... tried that first.. there's an option for E-mail when you receive a PM, or to automatically notify about replies to a post you have participated in, which I have off..... But not just to not E-mail for reply to subscribed thread

4. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

What's the difference between a subscribed thread, and a "post you have participated in?" I see, you click a link to subscribe, instead of posting to the thread. Can't you "unsubscribe" from the thread?
    Maybe one of the censors or moderators will help out on this one.
    Crawdad

5. Navig8r

I always "enter" lawnsite through the control panel.......It shows if there's new replies to subscribed posts...... then I can click to go directly to them...... I dont need an E-mail in my box to tell me there's a reply..... I think I check LS more than my E-mail, anyway.........

6. Navig8r

Hmmmmm I figured an admin might have a response for me by now...... So my only choice is to un-subscribe If I dont want E-mails??????????

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Sorry,
    I saw that Crawdad had answered this question initially, and I didn't check back because I had thought this was the answer you were looking for.

I understand what you are asking, but from what I see there isn't anyway to disable the e-mail option unless like stated you unsubscribe to the thread.

I'll bring this to Pierre's attention because he knows all the ins and outs here. Maybe I am missing that option, but I just don't see it.

8. Navig8r

Thanks Jodi......... didn't know if I was just missing something.... subscribing helps me find the post quicker from my Control Panel..... but I dont NEED an E-mail every time theres a reply.