How do i clean under the deck?

Discussion in 'Great Dane' started by FlatLander, Oct 8, 2003.

1. FlatLander

FlatLander LawnSite Member
    from PA

I recently purchased a used 1999 GD chariot jr. 48"
    How do you go about keeping the under deck clean?

2. IndyPropertyCare

IndyPropertyCare LawnSite Member

HUmmmm, now I am worried.. NO response to this post from the sponsor. We have the same issue with our SS, it is very heavy and awkward to clean. We pull ours up onto the trailer ramps and crawl under and clean away.... then spray some deck lube ( vegetable oil ) after it is clean.

3. djp

djp LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Flatelander,

Sorry it took me so long to answer but I was having problems getting into the system. The info you received on the cleaning of the deck is good. Washing it with the hose and then spraying it with Pam or some other such product is a huge help. As always take care as you are working on your machine. We appreciate your business.

4. FlatLander

from PA

djp, my question is this. What is the best way to get access to the underneath of the deck? i like indy's idea of running the machine onto the ramps then crawling under the ramps to get access. but is there some other easier way?

5. djp

djp LawnSite Member
    from Texas

It is the only way I know of to clean the deck properly. Once you clean it and spray it with the Pam you should not have to clean it as often.

Thanks,

DJP

6. renda454

renda454 LawnSite Member

I built a A-frame out of 2in. pipe and hung a chain fall on it to pick up the front of the great dane and I clean it with a pressure washer purchased at wally world.

7. FlatLander

from PA

I just bought some car ramps and drove it up onto it. then i was able to get underneath and scrape out old grass.
    but its still too low for a pressure washer to get under there