HOw do I collect???

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GREEN-UP, Apr 21, 2008.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

How are you trying to collect?

2. John Gamba

from ct

Good luck Bud. I do hope you get the cash.

3. tyaroch

tyaroch LawnSite Member
    from MI

Send a big guy wearing a suit to his house and have him say he represents your company and he needs a check today. I have been hired for this and it works. Just be polite and curteous.

4. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Depends on the customer and the amount

Nice reminder letters, formal collection letters, phone calls, door knocking, collections company and civil court.

Just won a claim in court but that does not guarantee payment. Just a judgement that says someday I will get paid. If he does not pay in 30 days from judgement then his house and property will be liened.

5. John Gamba

from ct

So in four years when they sell there home would you like to get 200 bucks or 2,000 bucks?

6. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

????? What difference does it make if it is 200 or 2000?????

What if they guy never sells?? Do I continue to accrue interest?? I dont expect to get the money in this particular situation.

7. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Most of my commerical account are 45 days out before i see any payment

8. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

My point was to lower your exposure to further loss and be able to get out of the contract.

Your point of going to court for 100 or 1000 you are exposing yourself to a higher degree of loss. Just cause you win in court doesnt mean you will get the money.

9. John Gamba

from ct

You get it when they sell:) I would rather get 1,000 bucks 10 years from now then 100 bucks.

10. WildLake

WildLake LawnSite Senior Member

I would stay calm. Many grass guys have 60 days of labor and overhead expenses at the start of the season, before they collect a dime from customers. He's pobably just jammed up right now. Give him a few weeks and he will probably be fine for the rest of the season.