how do i find a fair selling price fo my grasshopper?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by mr.greenjeans, Dec 6, 2006.

1. mr.greenjeans

mr.greenjeans LawnSite Member

I bought a business from another landscaper who had injured his back. One of the mowers that came with the business is a 1998 Grasshopper 928D. I have no problem with the mower itself, but it is just to long to fit in either of my trailers with the other mowers that I need to bring. It starts and runs fine. It has 2733 hrs. It has a kabota deisel engine, dump from the seat catcher with a belt driven blower fan and power lift deck. It was maintained well and has had oil and filter and air filter changed every 100 hours. I already have spare mowers and it just seems to be a waste of already minimal space in my garage. Can anyone give me an idea of what I should ask for this thing? I've searched to find the same mower w/catcher and DEISEL but nothing I find comes close.
  2. mr.greenjeans

mr.greenjeans LawnSite Member

Ok, Since No one replied I'll bring it to the top again.
  3. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

lets start with the hours 27 hundred plus hours , thats alot of hours on a machine , next its 9 years old an used well in the 9 years , it does have a diesel for the long haul an some extras . price wise any where form $2200 to $3800 max see ya george
  4. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

That isn't any hours on a GH diesel. You can expect, with some maintenance and care, 5-8k hours. That being said, i have seen a machine almost exactly to that going for $5000-$8000. My dealer NEVER has ANY diesel sitting used on the floor. They go FAST! My 05' 722 is already sold. I made the mistake of mentioning that i'm buying a new 928 and I get a bunch of people that want it.