1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How do i fix this?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mottster, Jun 1, 2003.

1. mottster

mottster LawnSite Member

I had never even heard of the edgit disc until i started at work this year. I used to mow for myself with just a regular ryobi string trimmer. From doing this sometimes i would take dirt off so the edge of the yard is pulling back away from the curb a good 2-4 inches. I wanna take it back out but the problem is my yard is 3 inches higher than the curb...so if i put dirt on there it'll just wash down the side with the next big rain. What else is there?
  2. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

re explain this not quite sure what you mean
  3. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

when i first started i had a job similar to what you are describing that some other lco had left behind for me to repair. what i did was take top soil and fill the gap as much i could. then pack it down either with a tamper, or the handle of shovel, or even just stepping real hard with your foot. plant new grass seed and fertilize. It's not a fast process by any means and the ground will ultimately be slanted unless you want to stake down a 2x4 along the sidewalk and fill the gap then wait for the grass seeds to germinate which will help the soil retain it's shape.