How do I get an APPLICATORS license?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by gslawncare, Feb 27, 2005.

1. gslawncare

gslawncare LawnSite Member

The bids are out there in my area. The one thing that keeps me from jumping into the commercial market is the fert/pesticide applicators license. I can't have my bids taken seriously without a copy on the back. Online if possible, do the junior colleges do the licensing? anyone please????

2. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Just go to the fert/pest forum (where this thread will probably be moved to), and read the licensing post at top. Links there will take you to your state regulatory and education offices.

3. lewdo

lewdo LawnSite Member

Get your license through the State of Illinois. Contact your local extension office. They will have the manuals and work guides to assist you. Be prepared to be overwhelmed, as the testing is very difficult. If you have your own business you will need to take the General Standards test and also the Applicator test. They have testing zones around the state.

4. ol' Brad

ol' Brad LawnSite Member

Contact your State Dept. of Ag for the license. The local cooperative extension in many states provide training to prepare for the exam. In this area, ISDA even has the manuals that will be covered on the test.