How Do I get Commercial Clients?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GoldyardLLC, Nov 23, 2012.

1. GoldyardLLC

GoldyardLLC LawnSite Member

I know how to get residential clients. However, I wanted to know how do I go about getting businesses ?

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Slow down. You don't even know how much to charge for lawn cutting and now you want in on commercial?

3. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Get yourself (at a minumum) 5 years experience in the residential game before you try to step up to commercial...

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

According to your profile you haven't even "opened" your business yet. Guaranteed IF you found the right person to talk to about submitting a bid it would be a lowball that would cut your own throat. First question, do you have all applicable licenses, insurances and or bonds to enter into a commercial contract? Second do you have equipment and manpower to service commercial sized accounts? Third, do really know what it costs to operate, without that your shooting spitballs. Sorry to be so blunt but you sound like another dozen guys on here that think commercial is a holy grail and tries to put the cart before the horse.:usflag:

5. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

If you upset a residential customer that's bad and some people will find out. If you screw up a commercial account a lot more people will find out and you will have to change your business's name.

STAY residential!

-Michael

6. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Not only that they have more stipulations in the contract. When you screw up a resi, oh well. Screw up doing commercial and you'll get a nice letter from their lawyer(s).

7. GoldyardLLC

GoldyardLLC LawnSite Member

I figured that I should stick to residential then work my way up. FYI my company will be started in January. I am going through the paper work filing everything I need to operate successfully.

8. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Its a myth that commercial is working your way up or is the epitome of success.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

We dont even bother bidding on most commercial accounts down here it is low bid only in most cases. We are NOT in business to simply turn dollars.
    Posted via Mobile Device