1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How do i get under a Toro 325

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Stuttering Stan, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Those that are not familiar with this, it is Toro's version of the Walker. Since it sits low to the ground I cannot get a oilpan under it to catch the old oil. So I tried jacking it up, but it hinges in the middle. Is there an easier way to lift the mower so I can get under it or is it just a PIA.
  2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not familiar with this unit but can you jack it up from the side in the center ? Of course with the drain plug on the lower side. The Gravely PM300 was like this and it worked for me.
  3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Maybe try some ramps?
  4. smokey

smokey LawnSite Member

I took a 2.5 gal oil jug(actually it was a chenical jug) and cut it in about a 1/3.Then it slides right under,just make sure it is big enough to hold the oil in the pan.I work at a golf course so we have several machines that this works for.Anything under four quarts in the pan.I think the 325 holds about 3 or 3 1/2 quarts of oil so it should be no problem.