How do I keep from making ruts in the grass with my walker?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by CleanCut5878, Feb 14, 2007.

1. CleanCut5878

CleanCut5878 LawnSite Member

It happens when i go to turn around? Any suggestion would be helpful. Anyone else have that problem before?

2. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

yea but i only run into that problem when it is wet outside. If the problem occurs when it is wet you just need to make bigger turns.

3. Southwest Lawns

Southwest Lawns LawnSite Member

Slow your speed as you engage the wheel turning in the reverse direction (prior to making a turn)

4. BTLS

BTLS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

yeah, you have to keep the wheel rolling...if it stops completely while the mower turns around, you'll sheer/tear the turf sometimes. especially when the soils very wet.

5. iamthelawnman

iamthelawnman LawnSite Member

you need to pull back one one handle and push forward on the other but must of all change directions.

6. KstateCutter

KstateCutter LawnSite Member

It also might help to lower your tire air pressure a couple psi. It will flatten the surface of the wheel that makes contact with the grass. Just make sure you lower the psi evenly.

7. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

Try doing a three point turn when you come to the end of your stripe. Turn to the right halfway, back-up while turning into your next stripe then go forward. Always keep your wheels moving.

8. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Get a Hustler!:usflag:

9. CkLandscapingOrlando

CkLandscapingOrlando LawnSite Senior Member

Thats the ticket

10. JGroverCU

JGroverCU LawnSite Member

Get an eXmark.