How do I make this work??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bull, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Bull

Bull LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I currently operate my lawn care business as what I would consider a part time operation considering that I still work for a mfg. company on weekends. For the past three seasons I have provided the complete line of services from applications, plantings, mulching, pruning and so forth. My real interest however is to only offer a mow, trim and blow operation. I would like for all of my time to be applied to this primarily because it is what I enjoy doing the most. I know though that by not providing a complete service I may limit my overall income potential and possibly open the door for someone offering a complete service to take over the account. In my area I do not know of a company who just focuses on the landscaping aspect of the business. Are there any examples of someone who runs an operation like what I have mentioned? Even if I found someone to work for me and do these types of jobs for me I would still feel responsible for the end result along with the time required to show them the specifics and possibly even the pricing. What are your thoughts?

2. Bull

Bull LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Are there no ideas from others?

3. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Can u sub out the landscape jobs? The customers I have would be discouraged if I couldnt perform full services

4. DistLawns

DistLawns LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I only do mowing, trimming, shrubs, blowing,tree trimming under 12 feet, occasionally I fertilize(usually I sub my commercial out for ferilizing) and I offer dethatch in the spring with the spring cleanups, and obviosly I do fall cleanups.I will be offering aerates this year as well. When it comes to landscaping, I tell my customers I have a couple of friends i the business that can do a great job for them, and I just charge my friends company a 100.00 or so for the referal.I've had no problems with my customers running this operation, I don't think it will hurt much at all to just primarely mow.