How do I obtain a spraying license?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mowinforaliving, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

Im in North Central Oklahoma and do alot of city mowing. Roadways, etc. where I spray roundup around lightpoles and culverts. I also do most of the commercial stuff where im at. This is my first year and I want to get my license this Winter. Where do I get the study material,etc..

2. Twister Turf Man

Twister Turf Man LawnSite Member

You can get the necessary information from your OSU extention office. You can call and get study guides for the exams that are held throughout the year. The books I was told were necessary are Turfgrass Pest Managment and Ornamental Pest Management. I believe they were about $20.00.You can access the testing times and places on the Dept. of Agriculture web site for Oklahoma. I am going to do the same thing this winter. Good luck.

3. EliteImpressions

EliteImpressions LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

If you go to the pesticide forum you will see a sticky at the top about getting licensed. I found everything I needed and then some. I originally thought the test was going to be really tough but the practice books dont show anything mind blowing just as long as youre decent in math.

Joe