1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

how do i operate a great dane scamper

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bluethistle, Mar 27, 2007.

1. bluethistle

bluethistle LawnSite Member

Hi, this is the first year i am taking on some lawn jobs. I was only planting annual and perrenial gardens for the last few years but now I have customers who are asking me if I will cut their lawns and I can REALLY use the xtra cash. My friend has been kind enough to let me borrow his great danescamper ,I believe he purchased it last year new? He left for Russia and I have no idea how to operate this thing and do not have much time to learn. It also has a thatcher attached which I would like to use. Can anyone help?

2. 2menandamower

2menandamower LawnSite Member

Preferably with the motor running.... Sorry I could not pass up the chance... Go to a Great Dane Dealer and explain the situation and they should be able to show you. Or you could go to the Great Dane Website and look for the owners manual on there and read it.... Good luck and be careful Commercial mowers can be very dangerous if you are not careful, and never feel that you are doing to well to let your guard down it could get you hurt or cost alot to replace a fence or side of a house if you hit it.