how do I wont let me when can I??

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by SouthernYankee, Nov 12, 2004.

1. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

how do I activate my pm function. I am a new member with about 12 or more I have to wait or something?
  2. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

I have no idea whether or not your PM's are turned off or on. One of the mod's would have to check into that....

BUT, should they be turned on (which makes sense to me....), click the "User CP" link that is right above the "post reply" button at the top of this page. Once in your CP, on the left side is a column with options, about halfway down is your PM's. Click on one of the options and see what happens.

I'll send you a PM, and if it goes through, it should notify you in an email and give you a link to it.

3. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok, I tried to send you a PM, and it told me that either you have chosen to not recieve PM's, or your's has been turned off. The first I can help with, the second, you will have to take that up with a mod!:)

To make sure that your PM's are enabled, in your User CP, click on the "edit options" tab. One of the boxes is labeled something like "messaging and tracking" (think it's the second box down), somewhere in that box should be a check-box that you have to check to recieve PM's. I've got a feeling that once you choose to accept PM's, then you will be able to send them too.

Anyone else can correct me if I'm wrong!

4. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Click on "user cp" look on the left side under "control panel" then click "edit options" scroll down and check the box that says "enable p.m's"
    I would also check the box for it to send you an email notice when you receive one.

Send me a P.M. when you get it done.
  5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

New members do not have pm privileges. This stops the abuse of a new member from signing up with the sole intention of spamming advertisements thru the pm system. (this is not insinuating that you would do this SouthernYankee), it's just how the settings are kept. I believe you will need a certain amount of posts for the pm feature. (i'm not sure of the amount, but I can try to find out.)