how do I price a condo property

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by spankuhog, Mar 7, 2005.

1. spankuhog

spankuhog LawnSite Member
    from florida

hey ya'll..I need to price a condo property with three buildings for mowing,maintenance and fertilizing...don't want go too low ar blow them away...any advice?? :dizzy:

2. spankuhog

from florida

give me advice on bidding on condo property :dizzy:

3. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Sure...

calculate all of your expenses for the work that needs to be performed. If you don't know them, make an educated guess.

Now, add in the desired profit you wish to make...keeping in mind this profit will be taxed.

There is your price.

4. derek1

derek1 LawnSite Member

Dude let me give you a word of advice here on Lawnsite. Most of us here see this question posed 1,000,0000 times. You are leaving out very important information. How many units amt of square footage what type of equipment. The list just goes on and on. The regulars here really don't respond to a broad question that you posted because there are no details. (At All ) you may want to try reforming your question or before you do try to do a search on this subject to see if anything comes up. Don't mean to sound harsh or to come off like anyone here is better than anyone else but the way you posted this question is seen almost every other day.

5. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

My advice would be to stay away if you don't know how to price it. I would get some residential work or smaller props under your belt. Make sure you are pricing those properly before you bid on something large.
    And besides you didn't give us any of the specs on the property, what equip you have etc.

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

a lot of good points about overhead, equipment, property type, etc.

7. spankuhog

from florida

gee thanks for the advice...i have over 30 res accounts..need to grow and expand and was looking for help...which you are not any of.....stay away is not an answer...so you please keep that to your self.

8. spankuhog

from florida

DUDE....if we were all as adept at this business as you seem to be we would'nt need LAWNSITE.com..so I'm only looking for constructive advice ...not abuse from a 'REGULAR' as you put it...if more info is required than thats fine..the real question is could you or would you acctually answer the qustion if it was presented 'properly'. smart ass.
    :cool2: :cool2:

9. spankuhog

from florida

I have 05' exmark 52"lazer hp,04' 21"toro self prop,all 05' kaw edger,wacker and blower,redmax gas trimmer,99' f-150,04',6x12 enclosed trailer. the property is 450 front x 120 deep,12 units,12k area for fertilizing and four areas of hedges and bushes to maintain...i can price the initial clean-up,but need some kind of idea on the way to figure this bid price without under or over bidding...it's pretty much mine if I price it right :help:

10. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

Well maybe if you had given a little more info to us we could be of more help. If you have 30 residentials then you should know how much you can get done in an hour for sqft. How big is the prop that you are going to bid on? Once you have that just do the math. Hope that helps :)