1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How do I smoothout a horse field to make it mowable?

Discussion in 'Sports Field Management' started by kb9nvh, Jun 10, 2009.

1. kb9nvh

kb9nvh LawnSite Senior Member

Renter paid her bill so crisis averted for now...I may have to revisit this thread though when she does move out.

2. kb9nvh

Renter is moving, looks like the neighbor is going to bring over a yard box and scrape the surface with that. She has one horse she needs to sell or give away if needed. Wife wants a horse..I think its a bad idea.

3. kb9nvh

renter moved out
    Left back yard for me to deal with

Got guy with skid loader and harley rake. Man, what a dream. That machine and rake made the back yard smooth and the tracks eliminate worries about ruts and ruining the septic leach field.

I'm sold...I dont want a bac hoe anymore I want a skid loader with multiple attachments..LOL
  4. LilesLawn

LilesLawn LawnSite Member

Disc the top to break up the ridges, drag with a roll of chain link and let it rain. If you have access to a roller, it would help after.
  5. kb9nvh

That would work...The guy next door had tire ruts from a big truck that came through..his solution was to disc the pathway...ended up being a mistake as that area ended up way different than the surroundings..you would have to do the whole yard....with the horse damage I would have had to do the whole thing tho so it would have worked..good suggestion.

6. defibulator

defibulator LawnSite Member

sold those wheel motors and pumps yet ?
    if not , pm me contact info
  7. kb9nvh

I sold the mower deck recently and I still have the pumps and wheel motors and run flats. I posted them on Craigs list a few weeks ago.
    I'm asking 100bucks for each piece with no guarantee or 200 bucks each with a money back 45 day satisfaction guarantee. (Do ya feel lucky...:) )