1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How do I strap my mower to my trailer?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Lawn Neophyte, May 11, 2008.

1. Lawn Neophyte

Lawn Neophyte LawnSite Member

Also, what kind of finish should I put on my 4 x 6 plywood/subfloor?

2. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

I use ratchet straps from the hardware store to secure my mower, they work really nice and easy to use. as for treating the floor... my trailer came with pt wood floors so it wasn't necessary to treat them.
  3. totallawncare25

totallawncare25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

agree 100%
  4. bruno_rs

bruno_rs LawnSite Member

hey neophyte, what you may want to try is valspar anti skid (paint). lowes handles it. it can be tinted to any color and if i'm not mistaken, available in gallons or quarts. i recently bought a gallon of black, for some ramps and i think i paid $22.00+/-. good luck. have a good one.
  5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I have 5 sets of prolockers and nothing is better.
  6. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

fasttraps work real nice as well.
  7. Lawn Neophyte

Lawn Neophyte LawnSite Member

I'm looking for paint that will protect the wood from the elemets, i.e. rain, wind, sun, etc.

iMOW LAWNCARE LawnSite Member

I just nailed a 2x4 to the trailer floor, so the whole mower is between the front of the trailer and the 2x4. It holds it really well, is quick, and best of all, free.
  9. flykelley

flykelley LawnSite Member

They not only work well, but they are cheap.

Regards Mike
  10. jds1469

jds1469 LawnSite Member

no matter what you do to plywood its going to fall apart in just a few years. why not just buy some treated decking boards and put them down. untreated they will last for much longer