how do i?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mikey, Mar 29, 2002.

1. mikey

mikey LawnSite Member

recently i was driving thru this neighborhood in which i never new existed.It is a very exclusive neighborhood,so i starting passing out fliers,my qusetion is that these houses probably already have landscapers how do i get some customers in the neighborhood?my fliers are pretty average no pricing or nothing like that just what i do lawns,spring/fall clean ups,hedges etc.
    All i really want is for 1 customer and then i can maybe go from there im a solo operation and do this on my own on the side right now im trying to build a base to go full time.1 client could = 10
    thre word of mouth,how do i edge my way in there even though
    they already hace professional lcs?
  2. wilawns

wilawns LawnSite Member

wouldnt hurt to go door to door asking

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

I agree. So many of my customers had previously seen my ads but never called. But once they met me in person, the account was sold. People are hesitant to sign up with unfamiliar service companies because of the poor business practices of some. Knocking door to door is OK, but you should look for ways to utilize yourself in the public.
  4. lantz

lantz LawnSite Member

Neighborhoods like you refer to rely primarily on word of mouth. The way to get on the inside is to try and speak with realtors that sell in that area or other contractors, mechanical, etc...
    Once you are able to get in you will be amazed at how much faster the rest comes.
  5. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

I think all you can do is pass out flyers and hope for the best, one account will more than likely help you tremendously in picking up more.