1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

how do people stay in business?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenmonster304, Jul 27, 2007.

1. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

I took over a codo complex today from a contractor who just wasnt geting it done. found two systems, one with 2 rain dial clocks and one with 1. both systems run off wells with pump start relays. several of the zones were not woking becuase of cut wires but they still had time on the clock so the pump would run but the water had no where to go. tree roots crushing a pipe making sound like a jet taking off. rain sensor installed but not wired, numerous obvious leaks, control wires running above ground through the bushes, and not to mention all the heads that were broken, not turning, leaking. we will get it fixed up

just thought I would share
  2. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

No wonder they called you.
  3. turfnh2oman

turfnh2oman LawnSite Member

Sounds like a typical service call - LOL. Ahhhh, another day in the life of the Irritation business. I replied to another thread earlier stating that crappy contractors keep us good guys in thousands of dollars of service work every year along with enlarging our customer base and making us look good like we should.