How do scrubs see themselves???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNS AND MOWER, May 11, 2004.

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

You think they know they are scrubs, or are they just so excited about getting that crisp $20 bill from Mrs. Smith for pushing the Murray for 2 hours??
  2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I think this board needs a special scrub debate forum, its like every 1 in 10 posts is something to do with scrub. (not bashing you just saying)

And I'd imagine they are just doing it part time to get some money and dont care about how long it takes or how good they do.
  3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Honestly I don't get all the talk about scrubs.
    I'm too busy to worry about johnny and his pal running their murrays.
  4. kc2006

Maybe if they duct taped 2 murrays together they could have a good 42" mower, get a stroller and put a piece of plywood on it a couple sides made from cardboard and duct tape and you got a trailer that will hold a couple 42" West by god virgina murrays on it. :D sorry i had to
  5. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

Wow another scrub form. how do you know your not a scrub? How do I know i'm not a scrub?
    Doesn't anyone on this site have bigger problems then lowballing little kids, mexican's with push mowers in the trunk of their honda and scrubs that don't pay insurance.

I'm more worried about, why are my scags cutting like crap, how do i maximize profit, what kinda rider should I buy, how much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood, why do so many knats get though my window screens and feel the need to crawl all over my computer monitor, how come there is some little man running around in my front yard doing kartwheels and washing and elephant?
  6. KBarnes

KBarnes LawnSite Member

Believe it or not there is a market for scrubs.It starts with a company that offers their services for the correct market price and the Home owner doesn't want to pay it. They then find someone that will do it for nothing.
  7. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Actually...kbarnes has a very valid point...the guys who will work for next to nothing can have all of the people who don't want to pay for a decent service. Fine by me...doesn't affect me really.
  8. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Let me settle this once & for all, the so called "SCRUBS" we like to call the other guys are a necessary evil in any line of work, not to mention that just about everyone on this site started out as a "SCRUB". The "SCRUB" is like a filter ( think about it ) 99% of the accounts these so called "SCRUBS" have are accounts that I would never want. EXAMPLES:

1) "Can you put the trash out for me"

2) " I don't think my grass needs to be cut this week "

3) " Just cut the grass, my nephew will trim the bushes, install the mulch, and fertilize the lawn.

4) "Weeding is extra ? "

So the next time you see a so called "SCRUB" be a "PROFESSIONAL" and wave to him and smile, thank god for "SCRUBS", they filter out the sh!tty customers, this way we don't waste our valuable time with PITA customers. PERIOD !
  9. LittleOranges

LittleOranges LawnSite Member

EastPro you hit the nail right on the head!! Yes!
  10. kc2006

YES! Ok from now on the word scrub is not allowed! Oh we can only dream.