1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

how do the exmark metros stack up

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snapper, May 15, 2007.

1. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

Right now i have a gravely 1548 belt drive pistol grip. Fixed deck pretty nice mower. Little on the heavy side and cumbersome. Lots of nice perks like electric clutch and hour meter. I have the itch to sell it and go for a exmark metro. I played with one a little today and liked it. Then ecs was cool, and the controls seemed more refined than the gravely. You could actully find neutral and pull back while still in gear. And it seemed like it would handle a little better while mowing. So what do metro owners have to say? How is the cut? Does it handle high grass? Would the cut and discharge be similiar to the gravely??? Give me some opinions!!

later chris
  2. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

I have nothing bad to say about my Exmark Metro 36". I love the thing. I would recomend this mower to any commercial cutter. The Ecs is great, I'll never use anything else. I have the 15 Kawasaki 36" as states above. Which model are you looking at. And another thing, You need a set of Jungle Jim's Jungle Wheels to pair with it. Nothing but produtivity!
  3. qualitylawnlc

qualitylawnlc LawnSite Member

I bought a 48" Metro this year with the ECS controls. I also bought the jungle wheels. This mower is better than I could have ever imagined. Incredible cut quality and leaves a nice stripe. You can't go wrong with this one.