1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How Do These Prices Look?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GravelyGuy, Feb 11, 2008.

1. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Here are the prices that John Deere Landscapes (1.5 hours from my home) just quoted to me. How do these compare to some of you guys?

This Year

19-0-6 .103 AI Dimension (12,500 Sq Ft) $19.00 per bag

24-5-11 (15,000 Sq Ft) $20.50 per bag

46-0-0 Urea (50 lb.) $21.00

1 gal Speed Zone around $75.00

Last Year

24-5-11 $15.50 per bag

46-0-0 $17.50 per bag

They said no price breaks until 3-9 skids.

2. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

My Lesco guy is trying to screw me, so I don't think you can compare... he knows I'm a new guy, and quoted me $24.96 for the 25-5-11. Needless to say, I will buy elsewhere.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

VERY HIGH! Check your PM, I'll try to hook you up with a better vedor(s)
  4. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

looks better then my prices..
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Wow. At this point, I would be forced out of business. Now, don't let that scare you or discourage you, because I have NO idea what kind of rates the competition have down there. Your ap. prices may average quite higher than what they do around here. Granted, our prices are based on a 150 ton a year volume. The main thing is, as long as you keep your pricing right, and keep your other direct and indirect costs lean, you'll do alright.
  6. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Runner, What would you get in your area to treat an average 25,000 square foot lawn?

I would charge right around $100 per application 5 Per year.
  7. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Without divulging too much info Gravely, that's about where I am at too.
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

See,...there is a prime example....I would be somewhere around 3/4 of that = actually, just a little less. So,...as I say,...just because we are paying that much less for product here, doesn't mean that our end numbers are any better. So you can kind of see what I mean, that if I was paying the above amounts, there just wouldn't be the margin there. I still say it never ceases to interest me to see the different costs and needed prices around the country.
  9. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Thanks for clearing that up Runner. I am getting ready to call around to a few other places and see if they are going to be any better on price.