How Do These Prices Sound

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by DSLND, Jul 16, 2006.

1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok heres the 411, im making a landscaping portfolio to show to future customers and i am also getting prices on all my mulches, rocks, and bricks. Ok heres what I have...

Double Shredded Hardwood Mulch- Purchased $30.00/Cubic Yard - Installed $50.00/Cubic Yard

Shredded Gold, Red, Or Brown- Purchased: $39.00/Cubic Yard - Installed $60.00/Cubic Yard

Trap Rock- Purchased $79.00/Ton - Installed $160.00/Ton

Marimach Rock- Purchased $69.00/Ton - Installed $150.00/Ton

River Rock -
    1.0in- Purchased $35.00/Ton - Installed $70.00/Ton
    1.5in- Purchased $39.00/Ton - Installed $80.00/Ton

Too High To Low? Some High Some Low? I think a ton is a lot! Or is one ton littler than i am thinking? Got any pics?
    Please Help!!

Thanks,

-Mitch-

2. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

if mulch is $30/yrd I would charge at least $60yrd installed + delivery.........I know a lot of people get as high as $90yrd installed

stone...........stone is heavier, more work and not as easy..............if at $80 ton I would charge about $180......little more than double

basic x2 really + gas etc

3. DSLND

Thanks For The Quick Reply! How Much Is 1 Ton (Back of 8ft truck, 350/3500 dump truck) I would not be able to deliver the 1 ton materials but i talked to a lady @ my supply yard and she said they charge $25.00 for delivery so thats what i would have to do. Thanks Again! -Mitch-

4. Duck Dodger

Duck Dodger LawnSite Senior Member

I never pay more than 15$ per yard for anything and we charge 60-80$ per depending upon shrubs slope and such. Don't try to set a standard rate you'll screww youself puting out a yard in wide open verse around flowers and shrubbs you could take 5-6 times as long.

5. DSLND

O yea ive had that happen before! It Sucked! When i say $60.00 Cubic yard im hoping to take one hour and that it be fairly easy, say i had to do a planter with some bushes and it would take me more than an hour then i would say proboably 65-75 cubic yard. But im just getting ball park prices but im really glad u brought that up! Thanks, -Mitch-

6. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

installing mulch for $20-21/yd???

Good luck going broke in the poor house witha busted back.

7. lawnchick17

lawnchick17 LawnSite Member

Mulch i usually go cost x 2.75, Rock on the other hand is minimum cost x 3 per CY, with nothing under a bill! and that is just to dump into the front yard, want it in the backyard? Try cost x 4 to 6!

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I get tripple ground root mulch (right dress) for $19 a yard. For easier installs, I charge $65 a yard. If its a more time consuming install, I charge as much as $85 per yard. Dyed mulch is $22 a yard and I usually hold up the same prices for install but the minimum is $65 per yard and that is on wide open areas. JMO

9. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

Stateline,
    How much do you pay for dyed mulch and where do you get it? By the way, where are you located?
    Mark

10. DSLND

Thanks Alot For The replys!!!

OK ive changed some things around after doing some math.

-Mulch Prices:
    -Double Shredded Hard Mulch- $30.00/Cubic Yard $70.00/Installed
    -Shredded Gold, Red, or Brown - $39.00/Cubic Yard $80.00/Installed

-Rock Prices:
    -Trap Rock (Charcoal/Purple) - $79.00/Ton $160.00/Installed
    -Marimach (Tan) -$69.00/Ton- $150.00/Installed
    -River Rock-
    -1.0in - $35.00/Ton $145.00/Installed
    -1.5in - $39.00/Ton $130.00/Installed