1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

how do they do it?- no clippings left visible on the lawn?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by peeklandscaping, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

They do a lot better than regular blades under most decks. That bottom picture is a new G6 for my Z950.
  2. peeklandscaping

peeklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

good news about the leaves with the G6. Just curious, how many of you purchase blades online as opposed to a shop?
  3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Just going by the posts I've read on here (where the G6's are concerned), I'd say more than half get them online. A lot of us had to at first since no local dealers had them when they first came out, but almost any decently stocked dealer has them now.
  4. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

A ocdc has it place it not meant to be a mulching kit. We couldn't get by without them. Saves time with getting grass clippings out of flower beds and places you don't want them to go.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

Any of you guys using the G6 blades on a turf tracer?
    I gotta say I tried them on mine at my house for about 10 minutes and promptly took them off and put my hi-lift blades back on.
    Just didn't like the way they cut and discharged on my fescue turf.
  6. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

We got a 48" TT that we have ran them on.... They work good on dry grass, but anything wet or damp... Nope. The most use they get is in the fall for leaves.
  7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

all i do is side discharge and use G6 blades. like when using any blade out there it's always better to mow if the grass is dry. if grass is tall/wet it's gonna make clumps no matter what blade you use. the G6 blades are still better when wet though since they bog down the engine less. at least on my mower that's the case. the high lifts would bog down horribly but the G6 blades made it alot better. i have a john deere z920a with 26hp kawi engine.
  8. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

I think the exmark and even the toro decks are too tight for G6 and gator blades to work well. With high lifts they cut the grass fine the way it is.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Love how I just knew which two mowers you were going to mention 4 sentences before you even got to that part. I Have two old ultra cut deck lazers that I wanted to replace this year. I got to play with turf tigers and cheetahs and the cuts were all second rate. It had a hair ball look after mowing certain lawns. I ended up with 2 new Lazer X models and I couldn't be more impressed with how much better my 72 cuts up the clippings with stock blades over the 61 inch cheetah.
  10. chips17

chips17 LawnSite Member
    from PA

take that stupid chute off the side of your mower. i bet thats your problem