How do u grease a 36 inch Scag?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green-pa, Jul 19, 2007.

1. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, guys, can someone tell me just what areas and how, need to be greased on a Scag 36wb, including sulky? And what kind/s or brands are best? This whole grease thing is new to me. I'm really liking the large scag though, over the 21 inch! I'm getting the hang of it. Just want to make sure I keep things right. I should look in the manual, but u guys often explain things in a more concise, real world way that is easier to digest than a black and white manual.

2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Look for the grease fittings that should be everywhere there are moving parts and grease them at least once a month or if used everyday for long periods once a week.

3. Pastaboy62

Pastaboy62 LawnSite Senior Member

look in the manual, theres a diagram...Get a grease gun, fill fittings with grease.

4. wooley99

wooley99 LawnSite Senior Member

Don't buy the cheapest gun you can find. You'll end up with grease outside instead of inside. Also get the flexible extension so you can reach all the fittings. Big guns are better than little guns (IMO). Snap the 'hose' coupler onto the grease fitting. Pump grease into the fitting until it comes out of the joint. (Look and see where the OTHER side of the joint/axle/spindle/etc. is first). Wipe off excess from fitting and joint so it doesn't catch dirt/sand and become grinding paste. My dealer recommends 'high temp' grease. I like red. Don't lick your fingers. Have fun.

5. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks guys! Sounds pretty simple!