How do u make a nice trailer sign/s?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green-pa, Jul 19, 2007.

1. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

Any of u guys know how to home make a descent trailer sign to hang on the sides and or back of the trailer? I was thinking about just looking for a do it yourself kit, but not sure if there is one. I could get a board and attatch the info on there, but it may look cheesy. Any suggestions besides spending hundreds to have some company make them for me?

2. Detroitdan

Detroitdan LawnSite Member

I have two 12x18 magnetic signs on my truck, I'm thinking about screwing some sheetmetal to my trailer and sticking the signs on there instead of my truck. So maybe the magnetic signs, if you can get them cheap enough, would be a possiblility.

3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Marine grade plywood and several coats of thick oil base paint (White) will last a few years...then all you have to do is have a company make you some vinyl stickers in the size you need and you are done.

4. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

5. Creter

Creter LawnSite Member

Kinko's is pretty reasonable for magnetic signage. Also, if you have wooden sides, a good stencil kit from an old school hardware store or hobby shop looks sharp on sealed wooden slate sides

6. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

My problem with magnetic signs is that they look temporary...

7. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

My sign shop made me a very large sign for the rear of my trailer gate.

What it is, is 2 sheets of aluminum with a layer of corrugated plastic sandwiched/bonded in between. They then put the vinyl on the aluminum.

Super durable, will not rust or rot. Doesn't weigh hardly anything.

8. Fatboy

Fatboy LawnSite Member

They look temporary because that's exactly what they are.

I have a set of metal 3" stencils that I use to make any signs that I need.

FatBoy

9. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, I bet that looks about as good as the guy with a slew of mailbox letters and numbers on the side of his topper:laugh:

10. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Just put in an order for three metal 2'x4' signs. One for each side of the trailer and one for the gate. I think they were like $55.00/each. -Mitch-