how do u price your new accounts?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by SPENCER HUNTER, Nov 7, 2007.

SPENCER HUNTER LawnSite Member

,, what is 1/2 acre,, 3/4 acre 1 acre price for these services as in cut , trim blow,,,i need new idea's on what to price my accounts mostly rest. and how to price trimming bushes as in shape them up,,, by the job or by the bush ? right now i'm charging 35 for a 1/2 acre,,, 3/4 acre 45,, 1 acre 50 to 55,,,as in several acre's 25 to 30 per acre and according on how much trimming edgeing,, is alittle extra as in edging flower-bed border's would u please give me some idea's? since we are high gas price situation,,:confused:
  2. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

I have one commercial property that is one acre and I get $55 per cut but I took that over from another guy that he said he has been doing that job for that price for five years and add the one year that I have been doing it that makes six years that we know of. I do think its time to raise it up for next year. Not to mention that I have an helper that does all the trimming. Two sides of the property are on a slight of a hill and near the bottom is a ravine that most of the time holds some water therefor we weedwack it. It takes me one hour to mow with a 52" WB and the helper gets done just about the same time as I do. We do a very nice job on it. What do you think, is it time to raise the price?
  3. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member

Spencer, looks like you are not too far from my area, so your market is probably similar to mine. Your prices are a little low for me. Generally (for a property I price per job) 1/2 acre is $45-$50 for me. 1 acre is about $65-75. It really depends on the layout of the yard. If it is flat and very few trees or objects to trim around it will be a little lower than slopes, lots of trees, etc...If I can use my ZTR and do very little trim work I can be gone quick. If I have to push the back yard because my ztr won't fit through the small gate, or if I have to bag clippings, all of that is more money.

Shrubs I generally price per job. If I can trim them while I am already there to mow, they get a much better deal. Just add extra for your time. If you spend 30 extra min. trimming shrubs, then add $20 for shrub trimming, or something ike that.

Let the customer know that you are saving them money though. Set minimum prices...Don't drop the gate on your trailer for less than $30. No matter how small the job is. You can take that as your minimum and then go up in price according to the size and obstacles, and bagging, etc...

Then if you can get a couple of neighbors to sign up for service, you can offer discounts. It keeps you from having to pack up your stuff and travel and waste more time...everyone wins. :)

Hope this helps some.