1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How do ya deal with the excess grease from the weap holes?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pinnacle, Jan 27, 2004.

1. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

What a messy job it is topping up the grease in the HOC shafts, castor wheels etc! I'm just wondering how youz deal with the overflow and are you a 1 or 2 pump man or a pump it in till ya can see new grease coming out the weap holes man.

I've been going through rags like theres no tomorow and It just makes me think.......There gota be a far less messy way to preform this type of maintanece.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I usually go until you hear a pop or snap
  3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I grease until I see it coming out. Grab a shop towel and wipe off the excess. Messy, but I KNOW it is greased thoroughly.
  4. I grease untill I see the new comes out.
  5. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

Wipe it up. With a paper towel. Plain and simple.
  6. ManleyLawn

ManleyLawn LawnSite Member

i grease until the new comes out. its a messy job but somebody has to do it... :)
  7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I grease until it comes out, then wipe it up with a rag.When I'm riding a WB on the velke after a grease job, sometimes I have grease up my shins from excess grease flying up off the knuckle or off the axle fittings.Sucks, but at least I know its well lubed.
  8. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, I grease until the old is squeezed out too & then wipe up.
  9. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a cut soda can and i take a painets tool and put it in there the just spryy a lil geas off and wash em down
  10. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Use the wifes best washcloth:D