How do yo steer the quick 36''s ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blueribbonlawns, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Blueribbonlawns

Blueribbonlawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have bin looking at the quick 36''s for awhile and i cant figure out how you steer them so anybody that has them please tell me how you do it, Thank you
  2. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Manually. Rear drive system is basically an open differential so you have to push it in the direction you want it to go. I think it's squeeze to go on the left hand lever---at least that's how the old gear drive toros and whites were.

Sounds like a pain in the neck (and I know it is on a side hill---we had a similar machine) but a lot of folks really like it for the simplicity and idiot proof handling. They will go up and down hills easily.
  3. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

I'll let you know at the end of next week when my machine arrives! :cool2:
  4. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Samurai, there real easy to turn, but you do just turn them manually. The lever on the left is the automatic braking system. just shift your weight one way and it turns, as well as does not tear turf. Its by far the easiest mower to operate that I've used.
  5. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

what about on banks? duel hydros are awesome on banks, I'm thinking you'd have to muscle that thing to keep it going across
  6. Blueribbonlawns

Blueribbonlawns LawnSite Senior Member

x2 how do they handle on hills?
  7. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Thats crazy and for the price of one i can get a belt drive scag..
  8. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

The mower only weighs 300lbs and is very compact, it doesn't take much muscle to go across banks. I'd rather have the quick 36 then any belt drive in the industry. Watch the video on there website, it shows how to operate it.
  9. grassgirl4

grassgirl4 LawnSite Member

Regarding hills...

Yes, you do have to muscle them somewhat to keep a straight line...however, I'm a small, wiry female and I'm able to do it. An average size male should certainly be able to maneuver it!! Would I want to use it around slopey ponds? Probably not. I'd give it a whirl, but I'm guessing it would get too dicey.

It would be nice if BOP came out with an independent braking system as an aftermarket add-on. My dad and I suggested that to them, so we'll see... If they don't roll out anything, we'll probably search for our own system to install after the mower is out of its warranty period--which for me will be this June.

As for everything else regarding the mower and BOP: TOP-SHELF!! Service is quick and responsive. Cut is fantastic...hardly any scalping. Mower has very small footprint for trailering. I love it!!

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

It's a single hydro...The simple answer is squeeze the handle and steer it ...Its approx. 305 lbs. its very easy for ANYONE to use this machine. You can use it anywhere at anytime with no fear of rutting and it leaves a great cut.