How do you adjust how far Perma-green throws fert?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Pilgrims' Pride, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

Bought a gently used Centri from a friend.
    I used it for the first time today.
    It was great to come home and have some energy left!
    But my question is as I mentioned is the Centri adjustable somehow to make product "throw" further?

I noticed the best I seem to get is 4 feet or so on each side.
    Is this right?

Also noticed throttle cable sticks and comes loose too.
    I'm going to take the machine to my machine shop.
    I've got an idea that may fix the loosening up.
    I'll post pictures (If I can figure out how to do that!) when it is fixed.

2. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

You really cant make it spread further , with the centri you gotta make sure the belts are nice and tight cause they will loosen and that will slow down the impellar and reduce your throw.

5-6 feet is close to where you should be, I think, I havent done fert in my centri in a while, I only use that for bigger spray jobs,,cause the ultra covers only 34k

Keep squirting those cables, my throttle allway stuck, and make sure the cable that opens the spreader is adjust right and dosent slip, cause that will really screw you up.

3. Pilgrims' Pride

from MA.

Thanks Jim

BTW, I saw that you were in Plymouth today.
    I really did think it was Thurs. Sorry I missed you.
    How did your other meeting go?

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

A friend of mine reset the gear ratio on the spinner. This thing WINGS the stuff, now. He recakibrated to suit the new throw, and he loves it. I'll ask him tomorrow exactly how he did it.

5. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Bob, I went straight home, my back was killing me, I figured everyone was straight out anyways, This summer when things get easy we'll hook up,

Valley Green's number is 508-987-0101, ask for Craig, Thats the Oxford, ma branch but I sure they can service you..

Runner, I thought about doing that but then you cant spray and spread at the same time, or you can but you just miss areas, I thought about building a wide app machine out of my centri, or some other chassis, I do some soccer fields and I miss the vicon spreaders,

6. Pilgrims' Pride

from MA.

Thanks Runner any tips are appreciated.
    I'm goin out on my second day w/the pg.
    I feel like a kid w/ a new toy.

Jim lets do that or maybe if we get a rainy spell.

Have a great lawn fertilizin' day

Bob

7. anthony

anthony Guest

JUST AS James SAID .KEEP THAT BELT TIGHT.
    YOU MAY TRY TO RAISE the impeller or lower it..
    ant

8. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

As anthony says, there are times when the impeller may gradually work down the shaft needing adjusted back up closer to the chute opening. The rubber gromet that holds the impeller on doesn't always work the best, plus if your impeller is wore down then that will cause the distrbution to drop drastically as well.