How do you advertise?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kawasaki guy, Nov 27, 2012.

1. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic

same again.

2. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic

I really like all of the feedback!

3. Orderlawncareonline

Orderlawncareonline LawnSite Member

Most of our contractors use Online advertisements. Online is where most customers go to find any service including lawn care. Stay active on social media and other forms of online advertising. If you can dominate your area online you will dominate the marketplace.

4. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

My websites and other online listings generate the lion's share of estimates. Well done Craigslist ads have really helped me out as well. If your craigslist ad doesn't look like you are Redneck Joe looking to mow for a case of Keystone, then I think that helps weed out the price shoppers. I love having most of my estimate requests come in from my estimate request tool on my website. It lets me respond with an estimate way quicker than most in my area. Word of mouth and referrals help tremendously. I don't use Facebook to get clients. I use my Facebook company page to communicate with current clients. Seems to work out pretty well.

5. skorum03

skorum03 LawnSite Senior Member

Last summer was my first official year in the lawn care business and I was able to acquire the majority of my accounts from craigslist ads that I had posted. Craigslist was also good for other outdoor service type jobs, we did a lot of brush clearing and mulching as well. Craigslist can be full of really cheap people though too... but not always. I was actually somewhat surprised how many people called from craigslist ads.

www.yardbros.com

6. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been in business 1 week, but it's the middle of winter so I am doing what I can now. I created a simple site (below) and I am offering a ridiculous promotion with it. I am on google adwords, google places etc. I plan to do door hangers in march when the snow is gone and yard care is on peoples minds at least a little.

7. ryan41

ryan41 LawnSite Senior Member

Direct mail postcards -.14 per card for mailing. Bob at PLAN-It Graphics does great work for great rates!

8. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

Newspaper ads..I never really tried Craigslist. But I'm working on some EDDM and trying to get them sent out and see how those work?

9. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

For the guys that said "website" , what do you do specifically that drives customers to your sites.

10. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh

adwords
    truck
    yard signs
    signature
    business cards
    organic search
    craigslist ad

all send people to the site, which hopefully pre-sells them on our service before they call.