How do you advertise?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kawasaki guy, Nov 27, 2012.

1. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S. New Jersey

Thanks for the input!

2. THDindallas

THDindallas LawnSite Member

who dl you use for your website . Their are so many options
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh

I did mine myself. It's not hard, just time consuming.

4. Matt_T

Matt_T LawnSite Member

I'm in a similar boat as you, have you gotten any interest in your services yet. This will be my first year I am trying to do this full time.

I use facebook, google places, craigslist (best results, made close to $2500 revenue), word of mouth (second best results). Last year was my first year in business, I didn't start until April and I only did it as part time and didn't have facebook or google places setup until too late in the season. When I was younger (probably 5 years ago now) I did door hangers and had very poor results, I got 2 customers this way after spending 2-3 hours placing hangers and both were headaches and not worth the business. This year I am planning on going door to door in neighborhoods I really want to focus on.

5. wiltslawncare

wiltslawncare LawnSite Member

Word of mouth, do a perfect job, and ALWAYS pick up your phone when a customer calls. Dont be scared to ask for referrals from your current customers. I add to all my emails and invoices at the bottom that I welcome and appriciate all referrals.

6. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

If you're confident you can do the best work for the best reviews, get on ANGIE'S LIST!!!!

It has been a free source of GREAT customers for us.

7. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S. New Jersey

thanks for the input

8. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh

Angie's list has done squat for me. I've got some great reviews there, however.

I get calls every day from organic search, even this time of year. Usually 4 or 5 calls a day in the springtime.

9. vanncann

vanncann LawnSite Senior Member

Tried most of whats listed... Now not sure about the area's you guys are in, but here word of mouth brings work but not very much... I've got jobs on certain routs that I pull up and can't do because both sides of the road there are parked lawn rigs... I get most of my work from the website this year, but most was commercial and very little residential... Newspaper very little this year... Stickering the trucks and trailer not one call... Yard signs about a third here... The city is Dothan AL population is around 45-50 thousand and there are around 1000 licensed lawn care operations...

10. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

1000 licensed lawn care operations

There's your problem. Your going to have to lowball and knock them out one by one!